Vendor Table Terms and Conditions
Rules and Regulations
- Vendors should plan for events to continue rain or shine, so please keep yourself up to date on the predicted weather during the scheduled event and bring appropriate weather-related gear to the event.
- Alcohol may not be consumed at any time on-premises unless purchased from the Facility’s in-house concessionaire.
- Animals are not permitted at the Facility except for support animals unless approved by Facility management.
- The Louisville Urban League Sports and Learning Campus is smoke-free campus. No smoking is permitted on-site.
- Vendor agrees to carry appropriate insurance coverage.
- Vendors shall obtain any licenses, permits, or approvals required under federal, state, or local tax laws as applicable to their activity at the Facility. The Vendor shall be responsible for obtaining any tax identification numbers and paying all taxes, license fees, or other charges that shall become due to any government entity in connection with their activities at the Facility. Federal tax law permits Vendors to sell exhibit materials at their booth. However, each Vendor is responsible for complying with state and local sales tax regulations.
- For food vendors actively preparing food on-site, vendors must provide a Type K portable fire extinguisher. Tables without an extinguisher will be shut down until vendor is in compliance. Also, roofing paper must be provided by all food vendors using appliances that produce grease and or any other bi-product.
- Space assignments are made at the discretion of the event staff.
- Additional tables are not permitted. A six-foot (6′) table will be provided to each vendor, and you will be assigned a space.
- Canopies/tents are not required, but if using one, it must fit within your booth space and must be weighed down to keep it from flying away and injuring people or damaging property. (one-gallon water jugs tied to canopy legs work well.) Vendors will be held accountable for any damage caused by flying tents.
- Any detrimental conduct including but not limited to abusive language, threats, assault, vandalism, theft and similar acts will result in the immediate removal of the offender from the premises.
- In the best interest of the event, facility management has the final ruling regarding any violation of the rules and regulations set forth.
- Vendors may not sell any merchandise which may conflict with merchandise sold by the event promoter or which conflicts with any exclusive building sponsors or vendors.
- No illegal substances, including hemp or cannabis plants, may be sold at any time.
- No pornography, at the sole discretion of the Facility, may be sold at any time.
- Propane tanks are not permitted.
- Adhesive-backed decals (i.e. stickers) may not be distributed at the Facility.
- No weapons are permitted on premise including for sale including but not limited to guns, knives, and pepper spray.
- Laser or light projection of logos or other graphics is not permitted.
- Facility reserves the right to restrict the display of merchandise which, because of noise, methods of operation, materials, or for any reason become objectionable.
Setup Procedures and Precautions
- Inclement weather may result in event cancellation and/or rescheduling. Please check your email for updates preceding the event.
- Vendor setup must be completed by the time the scheduled event is slated to start. In the case of a weather emergency, facility management has the sole discretion to order shut down of sales.
- Vendor will not be permitted to unload from vehicles directly adjacent to the sales location unless specified by Facility during specific times. All vehicles must park in the public parking spaces (fees may apply). Unauthorized parking will be subject to tow at the owner’s expense.
- The Facility will not provide carts, use of forklifts, or other material handling devices.
- A representative of the business must always be present Facility assumes no liability for any stolen or damaged merchandise.
- Fire lanes and aisles must always be observed. Display of merchandise and advertising of products (including flyer distribution, costumed characters, or verbal promotion) must be conducted only in the assigned space. No hawking or sales outside of the assigned location will be permitted.
- Access to the event taking place inside the venue does not come with the set-up of the sales space.
- Vendors must keep their displays free of rubbish and maintain a neat appearance. Trash receptacles located in public areas are for public use only. Vendors must take all trash and waste materials to the appropriate dumpster as advised by facility management.
- Vendor must comply with all safety, fire, and health ordinances regarding the installation and operation of equipment. All materials must be made of fire-retardant materials. No open flames are permitted.
- Decorations or materials may not be taped, nailed, tacked, or otherwise fastened to the facility in any way. Any overhead signage must be freestanding and not obstruct any facility signage or be outside the perimeter of the approved sales space.
Agreement and Liability Terms
- Vendor agrees that Facility will not be liable for incidental, special, indirect, consequential, or other similar losses or damages, including, but not limited to, loss of profit or revenues, damage for loss of use of any equipment or other property, claims of third parties, including personal injury or death on account of rental or use of vendor space by vendor or the services provided by Facility, whether or not Facility has been advised of the potential for such damages.
- Under no circumstances will Facility’s total liability hereunder from any cause whatsoever, whether arising under contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability, products liability, or any other theory of liability, caused or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly from the use, operation, maintenance, erection, or possession of any property in the assigned vendor space will be limited to the lesser of vendor’s actual damages or the payments made for the rental of the vendor or services which is the subject of vendor’s claim.
- All claims brought against Facility must be brought within one year after the cause of action arises, and the vendor hereby expressly waives any statute of limitations exceeding such one-year period.
- Vendor hereby agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Facility and its agents, employees, officers, managers, members, and successors and assigns from and against any and all liabilities, obligations, losses, demands, damages, injuries (including, but not limited to, bodily injury, illnesses, and death), claims, penalties, suits, actions, costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees, of whatsoever kind and nature, relating to or arising out of the use, condition (including, but not limited to, latent and other defects and whether or not discoverable by vendor or Facility), operation, ownership, selection, erection, delivery, leasing of the vendor space, regardless of where, how, and by whom operated, or any failure on the part of the vendor to perform or comply with the conditions of this agreement.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, vendors will, at their own cost and expense, defend Facility against all claims, suits, or proceedings commenced by anyone in which Facility is named as a party for which Facility is alleged to be liable or responsible as a result of or arising out of the vending or any alleged act or omission by Facility, and the vendor shall be liable and responsible for all costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees, incurred in the defense and/or settlement, judgment, or other resolution thereof. In the event any such action is commenced naming Facility as a party, Facility may, in its sole discretion, elect to defend said action on its own behalf with counsel of its choice, and the vendor shall be liable for and reimburse Facility for all costs, expenses, and attorney’s fees incurred by Facility in such defense.
- The indemnities and assumptions of the liabilities and obligations herein provided for shall continue in full force and effect notwithstanding the expiration or other termination of this agreement.